Whenever we decide to buy a car the first question that pops in our head is the mileage or fuel
efficiency of the car. So let’s try to understand some simple techniques when implemented by us will
help us save fuel.
1. Accelerate smoothly – One of the best ways to save fuel is to keep a steady speed limit;
research has recommended speed of 50kmph in the highest gear. If a little patience is added
while driving then it will certain save a lot of fuel.
2. Accelerator push -You must avoid pushing of the accelerator down a long way to avoid the
change of gear then you are actually using more fuel. In such cases, an automatic car does a
3. Air Conditioning – Turning off the air conditioner while driving is advisable as it consumes
less fuel. You must avoid usage of air – con for a long duration and move around with open
4. Tyre pressure – If there is less pressure in your tyre then your vehicle needs more fuel to
pull on. it is recommended that one should get the pressure of the tyres to check once every
two weeks. You can also install the pressure monitoring system for a hassle free check-up
and the device will update you whenever your can has pressure issues.
5. Unnecessary weight – If you have unnecessary weight loaded in the car then it will pull
more fuel. So avoid cluttering your vehicle with unwanted objects.
6. Service – The quality of the engine oil affects fuel consumption. Ensure that your car is
serviced properly with genuine goof quality engine oil. Change the oil in the car according to
the vehicle requirements to save fuel.
7. Roof rack – If you have installed a roof rack and there not much usage of the same then you
must think of removing it. Most of the time roof rack increases the drag and leads to more