Growth and development of the children as a part of the parent is a tricky process. The fast-moving world needs fast moving people and the upcoming generation is training well for the same. Children ought to move out, wonder and explore. Keeping kids safe at all times can be challenging. Teach your children about road safety as soon as they are old enough to go out. We can teach them about road safety with three A’s – ‘Aware, Alert, Avert.’
Help your children learn about the various road signs and traffic lights. You can use coloring books and art to help them catch better.
- Red: Means to ‘stop’
- Green: Means ‘go’
- Yellow: means to ‘slow down’
- Walk: at intersections to cross the road
These are basics one can start with. Teach your children to use ‘zebra crossings’ at all times.
Always teach them to be alert on the road. Use of sidewalks is always the best option while walking.
- In case of an absence of sidewalks, teach them to use their senses optimally.
- Help them to learn and be alert to sounds of vehicles approaching and horns blowing.
- Teach them about the rules of crossing the road safely. ‘Stop, Look right, Look Left and Look right again, walk.’
- Avoiding any mishap in your absence on the street, one should educate children on basic road ethics.
- The road is not a playground. Do not run or sprint on the road.
- Never cross the road on bends and turnings. These are blind spots for motorists.
- Using a helmet while riding a bicycle.
- Never sticking their hands out of any moving vehicle.
Keep reading for more road safety rules from DRIVEKOOL and information for your kids. Safety First, Safety Always!