We love options, option-less service gives us a sense of being thrown at something that we may or may not like it. Monopoly does affect quality of service adversely whereas multiple players always keep the hygiene level of service high. When it comes to getting driving license, there weren’t many options available and if there were they were very inconvenient and at worse some times unreliable too, leaving you high and dry even after paying extra money.
Let’s draw a parallel between getting train ticket and getting driving license to understand various options available.
If you travel by train then you have following options of booking the ticket from:
- Ticket window at station – Highly inconvenient unless you are looking forward for any adventure
- Agent (yes they still exist) – Better than first option but expensive. Reliability is a big question.
- IRCTC web site – Very convenient, book it online from anywhere anytime.
- Makemytrip.com or other similar portals – Comparable with IRCTC.
Similarly when it comes to getting a driving license you today have following multiple options:
1. RTO/RTA – This is a good option if you can spare some time to understand their processes, find out appropriate form and fill it by yourself and then go to RTO office by yourself to complete it the process. It might make you visit multiple windows and deal with multiple authority personals. There should be no reason as to why one should be concerned about going directly to RTO to get a driving license done. Cheaper than all other options.
2. Agent – Again you gotta but super adventures with strong heart to go with this option as this is a super unreliable way of getting an important document like driving license. You don’t really want to play with important things like getting your license done. I personally hate it but still playing candy crush is much better option than this one. Expensive than going directly to RTO.
3. Driving Schools – You can find driving school in your neighbourhood and hand over the documents to him to start processing, They understand processes very well and generally take care of those for you. They also can take you to RTO and guide you well. But still you might end up making multiple round trips to driving school, which is inconvenient, annoying and there is a lack of professionalism. It is expensive than going directly to the RTO.
4. Drivekool – An online platform, where the processes are highly optimized and the information flow is mutually beneficial for everyone, helps the applicant to avoid making multiple round trips. With highly streamlined processes and professionally rendered door-to-door service that too at a very affordable price, getting the driving license is no more a fuss.
Hope you find it helpful for choosing the most optimum medium for getting the driving license for yourself and your family members.
We advice not to drive without license, do yourself a favor and drive with license. Be a good citizen.