It just feels like yesterday when owning a car was just a dream. Well, thanks to the advent of the 21st century technological innovations and market revolution, a four wheeler is an affordable commodity, more than a luxury. As we are racially gifted, our population is increasing by the minute. By the time you finish reading the article, you can be a 100% sure that there has been a child born. At this rate, considering there are hundreds of blogs that are online, that sums up to an incredible amount of population almost equaling South Africa’s ODI scoreboard. This is where four wheelers play a major role in the modern day transportation. But, are there enough people skilled enough to make this transportation method safe and reliable? Let us hope so. But, if you are looking at becoming one of those people who is contributing to the greater good of the nation by learning driving, grab a book and a pen.
Every successful work needs a checklist. At least for the sake of a better presentation. So, let us note down some important things that are to be considered while you plan to learn some driving.
- Learn the definition of the car from wiki and write it down 50 times.
- Know how a car works.
- Know where the brake, clutch, accelerator are. Also about the lights, hand brake, and pretty much about everything that’s in the reach of the driver.
- Make sure which car you want to start learning. No point learning a Nano if you own a Ferrari. Or the other way round.
- Scout for some good driving schools. Yes, we know that you are looking at your friend or your dad with an evil grin on your face planning to save some money by asking them to teach you how to drive. But, driving schools are suggested so because their whole and sole aim in life is to teach driving.
- Adjust your class timings in a way that you can learn when you are not very stressed and can concentrate on driving. Careful! You are a potential killer when you are driving. One small mistake can cost dearly.
- Be sure you learn in a car that has controls on the both sides of the car that is provided by the driving school. This helps to avoid any mishaps during the training lessons.
Now, we get to the part where you learn how to drive. Yes, yes tiger. Calm down. You will get to drive the car. But first
- Sit back, relax, grab a cup of pop-corn and carefully observe how the driver drives, looking out for vehicles around and the traffic signals.
- Here comes the day when you get to be in the driving seat, literally. We know that you have played enough GTA and NFS. But believe us, that’s not how life works. So, make sure you are driving in a no man zone.
- Get perfect with the basics. Slowly go into the areas and roads with less traffic and people.
- Once you are being able to drive in the normal areas, it’s time you timed your drive. No point in learning to drive a car if you are anyways going to travel at a snail’s pace. But, this is not a race track too. So, let us be pragmatic and practice till you reach your destination in an optimum time without going to the prison.
- Keep the driving test for the license in mind and practice accordingly. However good you maybe, if you don’t have a license, you are going to pay fine and end up bankrupt every time you go out.
- Always carry your papers on you while you are driving.
Have a safe journey!