You may have seen many new and even experienced drivers struggle with parking their cars at a busy mall, hotel, commercial places or anywhere else. Well, we are not talking about the lack of parking space at these places; rather it is about the driver’s skill to park the vehicle.
However, parking your car correctly is an important skill that every driver should acquire, as you will have to park your car safely in the garage or in a secure parking area once you reach your destination, so you do not occupy public space or put your car at risk of being hit.
When you apply for a Driver’s license, you will have to convince the RTO officials of your driving skills in terms of up-gradient driving, reverse driving and parking skills, which many aspiring drivers find tough to clear. Here are some tips on how to pass your parking test for your driver’s license.
• Get comfortable before the test: Get rid of nervousness, anxiety before you take the test. Calm yourself and concentrate on the performing well in the test not on the outcome of it.
• Drive carefully: Drive carefully towards the space. Always keep your eyes ahead on the road, and make sure you have both your hands on the wheel so you can react appropriately by turning the wheel in the direction you want.
• Examine the space carefully: Once you see the space where you have to park the car, you need to look at it carefully to estimate the required space for parking so you can leave enough space for other vehicles and park your car comfortably.
• Take Reverse: Once you have found the test spot, drive in the reverse gear, go deep into the space by slowly releasing the brakes and turning the wheels slowly. Repeat the process until you have parked the car correctly. Make sure you have an eye on the surroundings while you perform this exercise.
• Straighten: Once you have maneuvered the car and the rear wheel is in the space, parked fine, straighten the steering by turning it to the left.
Practice makes you perfect practice before you actually appear for the test so you gain confidence and can take the test without nervousness, anxiety.