India is the second largest country in Asia after China. Mumbai, Delhi, Bengaluru, Ahmedabad, and Chennai are the top five cities in India in terms of its population and GDP. Due to Rapid Urbanisation, the vehicular density too increased.
High Vehicle density results in pollution which indirectly causes deterioration of the environment and adverse effect on the health of people. Irrespective of the ill effect of pollution on mankind, the vehicle sales in India continues of increase exponentially.
Automobile Industries in India
- The automotive manufacturing industry comprises the production of commercial vehicles, passenger cars, three & two-wheelers.
- Two-wheelers are by far the most popular form of vehicle in India, taking an 80 per cent share in 2015-16. India became the largest two-wheeler market in the world after selling 17.7 million two-wheelers in 2016.
- 25.3 million automobiles produced in FY17.
- Total production volume grew at a CAGR of 4.43 per cent during FY12-17.
- Automobile exports from India increased 15.81 per cent year-on-year in April-February 2017-18. During the same period, two and three-wheelers exports increased 20.30 per cent and 37.02 per cent, respectively.
It is our responsibility as Indians to make our country a better place to live and the above-mentioned statistics are nothing but a proof of how we are prioritizing a lavish lifestyle at the stake of health hazards that are proving to be fatal to us. Let us take a few steps to do our little bit as Indians
- Minimize the use to Vehicles.
- Use the public transport whenever possible.
- Conduct a Vehicle Emission Test regularly for your vehicles.
- Zero-emission vehicles include battery-electric vehicles, plug-in hybrid-electric vehicles, and hydrogen fuel-cell-electric vehicles. These technologies can be used in passenger cars, trucks and transit buses.
- Diesel engines are durable and efficient. They consume diesel fuel, a complicated mix of petroleum components, and, therefore, some pollutants are produced.
Let us join hands in making India pollution free. Be Responsible. Be safe.
Healthy India is a progressive India. Join hands with DRIVEKOOL