It is important for people to stand up and declare that they will drive safely. This pledge allows you to not only confirm that you'll be a safe driver but also to tell your friends and family as well. Take the pledge, share the pledge and save lives. It may be your own.
I, hereby pledge to be a safe driver. This includes obeying all traffic laws, and also taking every possible precaution to ensure my safety, and the safety of those around me, every time I am behind the wheel.
By submitting this form, I pledge to:
- Obey all traffic laws.
- Always give a way to pedestrian, ambulance, fire brigade, and police vehicles.
- Avoid driving distractions, such as loud music, texting, cell phones, playing with GPS, look at billboards and scenery on the side of the road, eat and drink, play mobile games.
- Wear seat belt while driving a car and helmet while riding two wheeler.
- Avoid honking (blowing horns) unless it is absolutely necessary.
- Drive slowly, defensively and responsibly.
- Remain alert and aware of possible driving dangers.
- Use extra precaution when driving in poor conditions, such as heavy rain, fog, or snow.
- Ensure every passenger in my vehicle always wears a seatbelt.
- Properly and calmly manage feelings of frustration toward other drivers and in traffic.
- Never drive under the influence of alcohol or other substances.
- Avoid driving during hours normally I sleep.
- Overtake only when it is safe, from driver side only.
- Maintain safe driving distance.
- Help accident victims on the road.